DIY | Makeup Brush Cleaner
Cleaning your makeup brushes can be a chore and is definitely not one of my favourite things to do, but can also be expensive with good makeup brush cleaners costing £10 and up, which you may not be able to afford. After researching into DIY makeup brush cleansers, I have adapted and made the simplest one possible that you can use if you wish.
What you will need:
- Antibacterial soap
- Hair shampoo
- Old towel
Firstly, get an antibacterial liquid soap and a shampoo (I would choose at least one that has a good smell if you want nice smelling brushes). I use the Cuticura bamboo and aloe vera handwash because it smells amazing and I love it, also the Aussie shampoo leaves the brushes soft. It is important to use a nourishing shampoo so that your brushes don't dry out and become bristle. Then put an even amount of both in your hand and grab your brush.
Swirl your brush around in the mixture until all of it is soaked up. Massage it into the brush to further clean it, making sure not to reshape the brush too much.
| All the soap has been absorbed! |
Turn on the tap and brush the brush across your hand under warm running water. Make sure you don't use cold water because it won't clean the brush as much, and too hot will damage the brush hairs. Do this until no more colour comes out of the brush and all of the soap is washed out.
| Sorry, it's hard to do this and take a decent picture with only two hands! |
Pat the brush dry and then rest it vertically onto a towel to try overnight. Positioning it vertically ensures that any left over residue comes out, where as if it is horizontal, it will not dry as well and may clump. The next day, reshape your brushes if needed, although my more expensive brushes seem to be fine!
Please recommend me any ways that you wash your brushes as I am always open to new suggestions!
Toodle-doo
♡


This is a great tip! I usually use MAC brush cleaner, but it's a pain having to keep buying it!
ReplyDeletehttp://peace-loveandmake-up.blogspot.co.uk/
Stacey x
I know, and this really does clean my brushes without harming them x
Delete