Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick | Review

If you read my blog often, you will see that I am a big fan of cream eyeshadows or eyeshadow pencils because honestly I find them so much easier to apply and they are so useful as a base or just by themselves. I have tried a few, including the Maybelline Colour Tattoo and the Collection Work the Colour Eyeshadow Pencil, but the first one I bought was the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick. I bought this a while back but I haven't done a review for it yet!
 
 

This isn't a new product anymore, although Rimmel are adding colours to their line I think as the colour range is quite limited. There are 5 colours available in the UK I think and maybe 9 in the US, but it all seems to vary depending on what website I went on. They cost £4.49 in the UK which I think is a reasonable price, as they are only a bit more expensive than the Collection equivalents.
 
 

The colour I have is 002 - Bulletproof Beige, which is a lovely shimmery golden beige colour. I would say it is more gold than beige, but it is a really good base colour for a neutral eye or a golden eye. When blended, the colour becomes more natural looking and subtle. I use it by itself as well if I am in a rush for a quick daytime look.
 
Left: blended, right: not blended

The application of the product is easy because it is in pencil form, so you just run it on your eyelid and then blend it in. The product says that it is waterproof and will last 24 hours, which I partially agree with; I would say that it maybe lasts 12 hours depending on your skin type.
 
 

The Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick's are a good product to buy as they are a great base for eyeshadow to stop it creasing and smudging. Comparing it to the Collection alternative, I would say I prefer the Collection range as they have more wearable colours rather than the bright blue that Rimmel have.
 
Toodle-doo

Comments

Popular Posts