My Favourite Perfume | Madame by Jean Paul Gautier
If you have read any of my other posts, you may have seen me mention sometimes how much I like the perfume 'Madame' by Jean Paul Gautier. Today was a great day, because for the first time in ages, it did not cost £50, but instead was reduced to £23, which is an absolute bargain, so of course I bought myself a new one.
"MA DAME, a fresh, soft floral featuring a dash of orange and fresh rose
illuminated with a flash of grenadine." - Jean Paul Gautier
I like the Eau de Toilette version of this better, because I prefer the packaging as it is so feminine and beautiful. The perfume comes in a white and pink box with the Madame logo on it.
To open the box, you peel off the pink strip so that the box separates into two. I really like this as it is different to most conventional boxes that are usually used, however, it can be annoying when you want to put it back in it's box to travel but of course you can't!
My favourite perfumes are all fruity and floraly, and this one is no exception! Honestly, I had no idea what grenadine was until I googled it, but turns out it is a bar syrup - an unlikely perfume ingredient if you ask me! Nevertheless, I absolutely adore this perfume as it is so subtle but lingers on my clothes all day.
Much like the unconventional box, it doesn't have a 'lid', instead a black ring stops it from spraying. This means that when you do want to spray it, it's almost like a grenade because you have to remove the ring. Again, I like how quirky this is, but it is a nuisance in a bag, especially when you lose the ring.
The perfume bottle is rectangular and is clear/pink/orange colour? It's cool because it changes colour in perspectives and light. The body of a woman is imprinted into the bottle as it is sort of the 'logo' for his scents; I think it just adds to the prettiness of the bottle.
| The front |
| The back |
I know this has been a bit of a rambling post and not very interesting, but I just wanted to share my favourite perfume as I am always interested in others; so, what is yours?
Toodle-doo
♡



Comments
Post a Comment