#TeenBlogSeries | Healthy Chocolate and Cranberry Muffins
Teen Bloggers Anouska Millar and Beth have decided to start a project called #TeenBlogSeries. Its aim is to bring together lots of the teens/young adults in the blogging community. For the next ten consecutive weeks, over 80 bloggers will be writing every Monday at 6:30pm about many different things, all beauty, lifestyle or fashion related. You can view everyones posts by going to the hashtag on twitter "TeenBlogSeries". If you would like to supply products for the giveaway, get involved, or have any questions, please email: anouskateenblogger@googlemail.com.
This week I am going to be sharing an amazing recipe for chocolate and cranberry muffins. They are healthier than normal muffins because they don't use butter and use healthier sugar and chocolate. This recipe can be adapted to use different fruits or more/less chocolate, so it really depends on what your tastes are. I made sure that this recipe used ingredients that were cheap and easily found in shops, as often these sort of recipes are made from expensive ingredients only found in health food shops.
What you'll need:
- 12 muffin cases
- A muffin tray
- 250g self raising flour
- 85g muscovado sugar
- 85g dried cranberries
- 100g dark chocolate (over 70%)
- 125g low fat yogurt (I used almond-soya yogurt)
- 125ml milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sunflower/vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- A cap full of vanilla essence
Method:
- Heat oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4
- Line the muffin tray with the 12 muffin cases
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and cinnamon into a bowl
- Stir in the sugar, cranberries and half of the chocolate (broken into pieces)
- Melt the other half of the chocolate over a pan of boiling water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water
- Mix the yogurt, milk, oil, vanilla extract and egg together
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix and gently stir in the liquid
- Add the melted chocolate and swirl into the mix
- Spoon the mix into the muffin case and bake for 15-20 minutes until the muffins have risen (to test whether they are done, put a knife in one of them and if it comes out clean, the cake is done)
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes
Nutritional information:
Calories - 250
Protein - 4g
Carbs - 37g
Fat - 6g
Saturates - 1g
Fibre - 1g
Sugar - 17g
Salt - 0.42g
I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know if you use the recipe! Link me up your healthy recipes below if you are taking part in the #TeenBlogSeries!
A xo



These muffins, oh my, (my mouth is watering) they look DELICIOUS! I have already added them to my favourites bar. I can't wait to try them!
ReplyDelete-cupcakesandcandyflossblog.blogspot.co.uk
They were so nice! Hope you enjoy the recipe! x
DeleteI love cranberries so I will have to try these one day! I'll make a bunch and feed them to my family ;)
ReplyDeleteMy #TeenBlogSeries post is http://lasidy.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/teenblogseries-4-summer-fruit-ice.html
Lauren x
The cranberries are so nice with the chocolate x
DeleteYummm!! They look so good, I love chocolate AND muffins so these are perfect :P
ReplyDeleteJessica
the.pyreflies.org
They were sooooo delicious! x
Delete