Liebster Award! | My First Award

 
So today I woke up to look at my blog notifications and I had the best surprise ever! The lovely Gracie from Little Owl Beauty had nominated me for the Liebster award. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is an award that bloggers give to other bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I guess it is to give them recognition because as all new bloggers know, there is nothing more disheartening than seeing that no one has read your post or you have about 1000 less followers than everyone else. I am so overwhelmed to receive this reward from Little Owl Beauty and I urge you all to read her blog because it is so good for beauty recommendations and generally a lovely blog (click here to read it!). Also a huge thank you to Gracie for the nomination!
 
There are a few rules that need to be followed when you accept the award:
 
You need to post a blog post with the following:
 
1. Accept the award
2. Answer the questions set by the blogger who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers (try to avoid repeats) for the award
4. Set 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer
5. Please place the Liebster Badge on your post
 
(I also have seen some people write 11 random facts about them in their acceptance post, so I will do that too, but the rules for the Liebster award seem to change a lot!)
 
 
When you nominate other bloggers, you should post a comment on their blog letting them know that you've nominated them, and give them a link to the list of rules (a link to your Liebster blog post is easiest) and then list the nominees on your blog post with links to their sites for others to access.
 
If you accept the award and answer the questions set out by your nominator, then you can give them a link to your acceptance post for them to see your answers. Please let me know if you accept my award as I'd love to see your responses!
 
 
So here are my answers to the questions I was set:
 
What is your favourite beauty brand and why?
Apart from being a new MAC lover, I would say that my favourite beauty brand would have to be Maybelline as their brand is so affordable, but also contains a lot of my everyday makeup products, so without it, my face would be a lot worse than it already is!
 
How long have you been blogging for?
I haven't been blogging for long, I started on the 11th June 2013!
 
What is the one beauty tip you would share?
This may not be the case for everyone but the saying "less is more" I believe is so true! Of course there are days where I plaster makeup all over my face because I have spots or huge bags, but honestly people look nicer when they look more natural.
 
What inspires you? (This could be either in terms of for your blog or life in general)
Of course well known bloggers and youtubers inspire me like Tanya, Louise and Zoey, but I find it more inspiring to look at blogs that are just becoming more well known to see that it is possible for me to get my blog more known. In terms of life, I get inspired by a lot of things, but seeing people who are successful who aren't stick thin or a supermodel makes me feel better, like Adele (my role model!).
 
Which do you prefer: natural beauty or dramatic looks?
I have already sort of answered this, but definitely natural because I just feel there is a small line between dramatic classy looks and trashy drag-queen looks. This may be because I am awful at dramatic looks!
 
If you could only have one item of makeup to use everyday, what would it be?
Concealer, because without it, my skin would be blotchy and baggy!
 
What are your 3 desert island essentials?
I'm not too sure if these are supposed to be makeup or not, but I will combine it with normal items. Concealer - the same reason as the question above, a box set of 90210 or Gossip Girl - I could honestly watch these programs all day (assuming there was a DVD player on the island!) and deodorant because who wants to smell?!
 
What is your favourite perfume (or which one would you recommend)?
My all time favourite is Madame by Jean Paul Gautier. No words can describe how much I love it, but I haven't had it since February as it is slightly too expensive, but hopefully Santa brings it to me for Christmas!
 
When you are not blogging, what is your favourite thing to do?
I like to experiment with makeup a lot in my free time to develop my skills and also to find new ways I can wear my makeup so that I am not stuck with the same look everyday.
 
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
No prejudice, because honestly I don't get it at all. Why does it matter what race, sexual orientation, religion someone is? When I see prejudice it just makes me feel confused and sick because we live in the 21st century and we are all equal!
 
What has been your favourite beauty purchase this year?
My favourite beauty purchase this year has to be my MAC Lady Grey Eyeshadow Quad. The eye shadows compliment each other so well and it makes creating a lighter smoky eye effect easy. The pigmentation is great and I just love it.


11 Random Facts:
  1. I am Grade 7 on the Oboe (not nerdy at all...)
  2. I have been to 4 concerts and have 3 more planned
  3. My fashion role models are Fearne Cotton and Khloe Kardashian
  4. I hate normal sponge cake, I can only eat chocolate cake
  5. I was born on Christmas Day!
  6. My favourite film is Forgetting Sarah Marshall
  7. I have two sisters, both older than me (they are 22 and 24)
  8. My dream place to live or go on holiday is New York
  9. My options for GCSE are Music, History and French
  10. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, it changes from owning a hotel, being a makeup artist, being a youtuber and being a wedding planner
  11. If I had to eat one meal for the rest of my life, it would be Fajitas because they are just so good!

I have taken time to choose 7 bloggers who I really like, I know it is supposed to be 11, but everyone else who I seem to follow has either already been nominated or has way more than 200 followers, but if I find any more, I will definitely add them (I'm not trying to break the rules!):
  1. Natasha from Drawdrobe
  2. Sophie from CiaoSophie
  3. Helen from TreasureEveryMoment
  4. Charlie from Charlie and the Beauty Factory
  5. Amy from The Powdered Nose
  6. Shona from ShonaElizabeth
  7. Shaz from A Pinch of Shaz

My 11 questions to you:
  1. When did you first start wearing makeup?
  2. Favourite high street brand?
  3. If you only had one day to live, what would you do?
  4. All time favourite piece of clothing (include a picture)
  5. Why did you start blogging?
  6. What are your goals for life?
  7. Would you rather buy one expensive product or buy a few drugstore products?
  8. Who is your celebrity role model and why?
  9. Favourite scent?
  10. Who are your fashion icons?
  11. If you could have anything in the world, what would it be and why?
Sorry if you have already been nominated, but it just means that your blog is great! Also please send me links of anyone you think I should nominate for the Liebster award, as I feel bad for not nominating 11 people!
 
Toodle-doo

 

Comments

  1. Great answers! Thank you for accepting, I pleased that I could brighten your day a little :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent answers! Love you were born on Christmas day! Do you get extra pressies?
    Thank you for nominating me! I will be sure to complete it in the next few days! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Haha, yes I do get double the presents!

      I look forward to reading your post x

      Delete
  3. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

    Here's my answers: http://drawdrobeblog.co.uk/lifestyle/liebster-award/

    <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! My friend was born on Christmas day! You should nominate Gemma from http://touchofbelle.blogspot.co.uk/ she is just lovely and has less than 200 followers! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look at her blog now, thanks for commenting x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts