Disappointing Products...
Everyone has at least one disappointing product in their collection, but recently, probably because I have been experimenting with more make up than usual, I have quite a few, so I thought I would make a blog about it, so you don't make the same mistakes!
Now, although these two items weren't expensive, I was annoyed when I ordered them off of the elf website, because honestly, they were just crap. The eyeliner comes out in blocks and drys out really quickly. Also the applicator you get with it doesn't help as the brush doesn't really bend. The eyeshadow was better but still is fiddly to use as the eye shadows are in awkward shapes and it's not pigmented enough compared to other cheap brands such as MUA.
Next, is my least favourite foundation that I have ever bought. The Rimmel Stay Matte foundation is everything I hate about a foundation: it's streaky, it smells and none of the colours are suitable. No matter how much I blended it in, it was still really streaky and has the worst foundation smell ever. It was quite cheap, around half the price I usually pay for foundation and I could tell.
This next one for me is a bit controversial as although it is good as a product, it seems like a waste of money. Primer is always something that people either always use or never use at all. The Rimmel primer was around £7 I think which is a lot cheaper than other primers, but it did not last long at all, and my make up still just seemed to come off. So, although it is a good product, it just wasn't worth my money.
Next, is the most pointless product I have ever bought! This lipstick was cheap enough and was bought stupidly without reading any reviews or swatching it in the shop. I somehow managed to buy the same colour lipstick as my lip colour which is ridiculous and stupid! So, I don't really know if this is a bad product as I have used it once...
Finally, is the Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Night Treatment gel. I bought this during a crazy breakout and usually tea tree helps my skin, but this however just made it worse. It may just be the wrong skin type for me, but this product made my skin red and blotchy the next day and also made it stink of tea tree. I don't mind the smell of tea tree, but it was so overpowering! I would never buy this again...
(some swatches - from left to right: No 17 Beehive, elf white, elf medium grey, black, light grey)
Thank you for reading and please leave me comments as they brighten up my day!
(P.S. Does anyone know any good eye shadows as I am starting to try them)
Toodle-doo
♡


Comments
Post a Comment