My Makeup Brushes & Storage
These are always some of my favourite posts to read from other people as it not only inspires me to get new brushes and storage, but it also intrigues me how people like to organise their brushes as everyone is different.
My brushes are kept in a mug that I 'painted' a few years ago. I saw paint, but I really mean destroy; it looks shoddy, but it goes with the red in my room and it is sort of sentimental in a way!
First up is the make-up brush set that all bloggers seem to have: The Real Techniques Core Collection. I have already done a review for these brushes (read here) but in short I bloody love them. I don't think I use them all for their correct purpose though, but I feel they work better my way!
The Pointed Foundation Brush
This brush is far too small to put on my foundation and would take me hours to use if I were to use it for foundation. Instead I use it to blend in concealer under my eyes as it bends to fit around the eye and is just the right size.
The Buffing Brush
This is the brush I use for my foundation instead as it applies it quickly and most of the time flawlessly as it blends it in so well. It is supposed to be used for mineral and powder foundations, but I also use it for liquid foundation.
The Contour Brush
I hardly ever contour or highlight my face as it can make me look a bit 'over the top' as I am quite pale, so I use this brush the least. I do sometimes use it to apply a bit of blush/highlight on my cheeks at the weekend.
The Detailer Brush
This brush is supposed to be used for concealer and lipstick, both of which I never use it for! I have found that it's great for applying eyeshadow in the corner of the eye to brighten it up, or to help blend out the eyeshadow a bit.
| From L-R: Foundation, Buffing, Contour, Detailer |
Next are my 'eye brushes' excluding the RT one. These are a mismatch of brushes that I have picked up when out and about or have been recommended to buy. First is an eyeshadow brush from the Superdrug own brand range. I don't this they sell this anymore, but I think it cost around £4 when I bought it. This is my main eyeshadow brush as it is a perfect size for my eyelid and puts on eyeshadow evenly and without creasing. Next is my T. LeClerc liner brush; I bought this after my makeup lesson as I previously had nothing to apply eyeshadow under the eye. This brush is so soft and perfect for it's job, but was a little pricey. Finally is my B. brush that I got when I bought my gel eyeliner. I don't use this much as I am still rubbish at gel eyeliner, but it is a good brush to apply it with as it is quite small.
Alongside my RT brushes, I also have other face brushes that I bought way before the Core Collection. I have two typical foundation brushes that are never used now because they don't apply foundation as well as the buffing brush. Occasionally I will use them if my buffing brush is being washed or for overnight. I bought them both from Superdrug ages ago, but I think they still sell them. Then I have the Superdrug brush I use for powder, even though it is supposed to be for bronzer! I never have worn bronzer as I feel as though I am too pale, but this brush is surprising incredible at applying powder; it doesn't pick up too much product and leave me cakey.
Lastly, I keep my eyelash curlers from elf in my makeup brush mug as otherwise I forget to use them. For the price, these are wonderful as they curl my lashes well without damaging them, and the curl stays in all day. I also keep a double sided eyeshadow applicator that came with the MUA palette, that I use for swatching. I don't use it for application of eyeshadow as I find it harder to use than a brush and it doesn't create as nice of a look.
Prices
Real Techniques Core Collection - £21.99
Superdrug Eyeshadow Brush - £4 (ish)
B. Brush - £6.99 (incl. eyeliner)
Superdrug Foundation Brush - £3.99
QVS Foundation Brush - £5 (ish)
Superdrug Bronzer Brush - £2.99
elf Eyelash Curlers - £2.75
I hope you have found this post a bit interesting, maybe? I did ramble on a bit so sorry!
What brushes/storage do you have?
Toodle-doo
♡


Comments
Post a Comment