How To | Get Rid of Under-Eye Circles
We all get those pesky under eye circles at some point within the year; for some it's a particular season and for some it's all year round. I am the latter, no matter how much sleep or how much eye cream I pile on, I always have under-eye bags. I thought I would share some quick and cheap methods to try and get rid of them.
If you have read my 'How To | Get Rid of Dry Skin' post, you would have heard me rave on about Vaseline and how beneficial it is for your skin. It is also amazing for under-eye circles! Once every week or fortnight, I apply a thin layer of Vaseline where I have bags and leave it overnight. When I wake up the next morning it has all been absorbed into my skin and I have less prominent bags. This is because the Vaseline rehydrates the skin and decreases the puffiness of the skin and cools it. I wouldn't do this more than once a week, as your skin will become 'immune' to the effect as it will become used to it.
Another method is the good ol' cold spoon technique. Simply put a couple of spoons in cold water in the fridge for a while. Take the spoons and put them on your eyes, cooling them when they warm up. Keep doing this until you see improvement. This is mostly for puffiness, but does help to get rid of under-eye bags.
My last tip is to buy an eye roll on to apply in the morning when you wake up. I have the Simple Kind to Eyes Revitalising Roll-On which is perfect for my skin as it can sometimes be very sensitive. The Simple version is so cooling and perfect for waking up tired eyes in the morning. It quickly absorbs into skin so you can apply makeup almost instantly after. It is a gel consistency which you simply roll on under your eye; it also contains lots of lovely ingredients like cucumber and multi-vitamins.
| NOT MY PHOTO. Source: Simple |
Obviously there are other methods that can work, but these seem to be the main ones for me excluding eye creams. I hope that these work for you too if you have the same problem as me! Have you got any tips?
Toodle-doo
♡


Ooooo some good tips, definitely going to try them as I'm always looking for ways to get rid of the dark circles
ReplyDeletex
I hope they work out for you x
Delete