Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual



Bobbi Brown is undeniably one of the most famous high end brands out there, and the creator behind it (funnily enough called Bobbi Brown) produced a 'makeup manual' that is aimed at anyone and everyone who wants to use makeup or improve their skills. The book came out in 2008 and includes the 25 years worth of skills in makeup artistry that Bobbi Brown has. Because of her experience, the book covers any question you may have over makeup, skincare or becoming a makeup artist.

My favourite chapter of the book is Chapter 8: Special Makeup Applications. Every time I have a special occasion to go to, such as prom, this is my go to book to try and decide on a makeup look that would suit the occasion but also suit my face type. The chapter covers makeup for different races, ages and bridal makeup. I think this is the best chapter as often we all know and are comfortable with our everyday makeup, but if you are like me, you will struggle to come up with new ideas for special events. 

A key subject that Bobbi Brown covers is the importance of your lifestyle and the welfare of your skin. As a teenager, there is little I can do to improve my somewhat temperamental skin, but as I have improved my diet, I have supplied my skin with more nutrients to help repair it. I love that the book is so detailed in what you should and shouldn't avoid, the steps you should take to protect your skin and also an analysis of all of the different skin types. 

This book definitely deserves all of the hype that it has been given as although not all of the book applies to me, it is a handy thing to have in case of emergencies. What is your makeup bible?

A xo

Comments

  1. sounds like a brilliant book to add to anyone who likes make up collection, Its a great idea to have beginner to pro so it could help someone learn. x
    Melissa || My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think that it is such a good book for everyone x

      Delete
  2. Do blogs count as a make up bible? That's my main source for all beauty related insight. Really well written post. I've been thinking about buying this for a while now and I may just do so! Great review, lauryn x
    www.laurynsnotebook.com <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always take advice from blogs too! Thank you x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts