#TeenBlogSeries | Brows and Foundation
Teen Bloggers Anouska Millar and Beth have decided to start a project called #TeenBlogSeries. Its aim is to bring together lots of the teens/young adults in the blogging community. For the next ten consecutive weeks, over 80 bloggers will be writing every Monday at 6:30pm about many different things, all beauty, lifestyle or fashion related. You can view everyones posts by going to the hashtag on twitter "TeenBlogSeries". If you would like to supply products for the giveaway, get involved, or have any questions, please email: anouskateenblogger@googlemail.com.
![]() |
| (Omega is the eyeshadow on the left) |
First things first: foundation. Foundation can either be your best friend or worst enemy. I know that I used to wear the most horrible shade of orange slathered all over my face, so my first tip is, pick your foundation carefully. Some things to consider: skin tone, skin type, how long you need it to last and what coverage you want. DON'T test foundation on your hand as your hand is much darker than your face! I have 2 foundations that I switch between, depending on how bad my skin is. First is the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation, I have it in 110 Ivory, (review here) which is a light to medium coverage foundation that blends well into the skin, but will not cover up all imperfections. This foundation would be great for people with good skin or on a school/uni day when you don't want to feel suffocated by your makeup. Second is the L'Oreal True Match foundation which is a medium to full coverage foundation that I use on days when my face looks like the moon. This foundation does tend to cake sometimes, so I tend not to wear it to school, but it does cover imperfections well. I have it in the colour R1 Rose Ivory, which can sometimes be a bit too dark for me. In addition to choosing your foundation, you need to know how to apply it. This can be your fingers, a sponge, or my preference: a brush. I use the buffing brush from the Real Techniques Core Collection as it blends the foundation into my skin and leaves a nice finish. If you're going to use your fingers, make sure they are clean otherwise it could lead to a breakout!
Next is eyebrows, my least favourite beauty chore. I absolutely hate plucking my eyebrows and I am ashamed to admit, I often leave them with half a weird monobrow thing! I have always had thick eyebrows and I intend to keep them that way. I have had them threaded and waxed a few times as I am rubbish at shaping them, but I usually just pluck them. I pluck my eyebrows once a week with normal tweezers (will be buying Tweezermans soon) and then cut some of the hair shorter as I have extremely long eyebrow hairs. If you need help with shaping your brows, there are some amazing tutorials on YouTube or other blogs which show you where to put the arch in your brow. Recently, I have started to fill them in slighly as I had a bald patch from bad plucking. To do this, I use MAC Omega with an eyeshadow brush. Starting from the side of the eyebrow closest to the nose, I gently apply Omega where it is needed, to give them a better shape. After, I use a cheap clear mascara to brush through them to keep them tidy and keep them in place all day. Clear mascara is such a cheaper alternative to brow gel and I find it works just as well!
I hope that this has helped some of you in some way! Comment below your tips for great foundation and brows - I am always looking for help. Also, link me your blog posts below if you are taking part in the #TeenBlogSeries, I look forward to reading them all.
A xo



Omega looks like a great colour because I'm blonde and need something light. Great post! Mine's at taylored-beauty.blogspot.co.uk x
ReplyDeleteIt is such a good colour for blonde hair! x
DeleteLoved this post, I haven't tried a foundation before but I am going to try one soon, perhaps the true match but I am still undecided :)
ReplyDeleteThank you :) I would recommend the Revlon foundation as it is very light so good for a first time foundation user :) x
DeleteYou have some great tips when it comes to foundation!
ReplyDeleteI love having defined brows, I'm in love with my eyebrow kit from Makeup Revolution!
Style Storms
Thank you very much! I have heard so many good things about the eyebrow kit. x
Delete