Sally Hansen Double Duty | Nail Varnish Saviour


As a bit of a nail amateur, my nails always seem to look a bit shabby because I can never be bothered to wait for them to dry, so they are constantly in that weird gel-like/never dry stage meaning they get dents and chips in them easily. I used to use the Barry M top coat, but I found that it just made it worse as it had become very gloopy. However, the Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat is incredible.

I use it for both the base coat and top coat as it dries almost instantly. It is very shiny which helps makes my nail polish look a lot better, but it would not be a good product for matte nails. The product applies really well and a little goes a long way. In addition, it helps the colour apply better because there is a smoother base. As a base coat, it protects my nails really well and stops staining from dark colours. As a top coat, I have definitely noticed that my nail polish stays on a lot longer and there are less chips and dents in the colour. In regards to the strengthening promise, I haven't seen a difference but my nails have never been damaged or weak. However, from reading other reviews before buying this nail polish, I think that it does slightly strengthen the nails because of the vitamin B5 in it which nourishes the nails. 

I will definitely be repurchasing this when it eventually runs out...which won't be for a while! Price varies depending on the shop you go to, but from Boots, it costs £5.25 - a very reasonable price for the quality of the product.

Have you tried this product?
A xo

Comments

  1. I love sally hansen, my mum has raved on about the products for absolute years now!
    www.shemightbeloved.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't understand the hype until I tried it! Not sure if the colours would be as good or not x

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome! I've been looking for a good clear nail varnish :) May have to check this one out xx

    www.littleelliemae.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It is the best one I have seen so far and it isn't ridiculously priced! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts