Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 117 | Kiss of Life
As the Winter months grow closer, the biggest trend in A/W makeup is a dark lip and up until recently, I had zilch. So after giving into the hype, I opted for the Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 117. This one seemed more of a colour I would wear rather than the oh so famous 107 which seemed a bit dark to start off with.
The colour of this lipstick is a lovely deep opaque red, that can be applied more to get a darker red or lightly for a tinge of red. This lipstick is very matte and if you are looking for a more nourishing formula, this is not for you. But, that said, with a good lip balm underneath it becomes quite creamy. The matte consistency means it stays on for longer in the day and almost stains the lips.
I pair this lipstick with a simple eye, some eyeliner with a touch of eyeshadow, but nothing too dramatic as it can make the makeup seem a bit draggy and over the top. The lipstick stays on for a good few hours before needing to reapply, but depending on how much you put on, it could last the whole day. It doesn't really have a nice smell, but it doesn't have a horrible one either, so there is no worry of overpowering scents.
I love the packaging of this: the red box, the black signature and the fact you can see the colour and name on the bottom of the lipstick. You get 4g of lipstick for £5.49 which I think is a very reasonable price considering the amazing colour range and quality of the product. You can buy it here.
Have you tried any of this range? What lipsticks do you wear in A/W?
Alice xo


Comments
Post a Comment