Lush Cupcake Face Mask | Heaven in a Pot
The Lush Cupcake mask is one of the most popular that they sell, because it is aimed at teenage and oily skin. Obviously being a teenager, this is the one I constantly go back to when I can as it makes my skin feel so much more nourished. It costs £5.95 for 75ml which for me, is about 6-7 face masks. It does have a best before date (around 3 weeks), so make sure you use it enough or it is a waste of money. You can purchase it from a Lush store or online.
Ingredients:
Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Limonene, Perfume
The ingredients that helps to cleanse and clear your skin of impurities are cocoa powder and Rhassoul Mud as they bind together and remove all of the dirt on your face. The mint tones the face reducing the size of the pores. The oils and cocoa butter soften and moisturise the face, which is something I can really feel working as for days afterwards, my skin feels a lot softer and smoother. It also helps to relieve breakouts and prevent them as it balances the oils on your face and unclogs the pores.
| Granted it does look like a mixture of cake batter and poo! |
I think that this mask genuinely does wonders, but only for the right skin type as some may fight it a bit drying. Another thing to note is that if you do not like the smell of chocolate, you are likely to hate this mask as the scent can sometimes be a bit over powering, and I find that I can almost smell the scent on my face for a few days. I love using this face mask on a Sunday in a bath because you slap it on and leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. It is a definite that I will be buying this continuously as it is good value and the only downsides for me are the best before date and the lack of Lush's around me!
Have you tried this mask or do you use other Lush ones?
alice.


I haven't but I sure will do wfter your brilliant review! Xx
ReplyDeleteLove how you call this heaven in a pot hahaha!
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm not a teenager but it definitely does the trick for my oily skin...I just wish I could eat it! :P
Best wishes, Danielle. x
http://www.underlandtowonderland.blogspot.com