Why you need a colouring book in your life...



The world of adult colouring books (no, not that kind of adult) seems to be newly emerging; increasingly, teenagers and adults are buying these colouring books as a method to destress. The books are made up of difficult patterns that take effort and concentration to fill in. 

I bought one recently from Sainsbury's for £4.99 called "Enchanted Forest" by Johanna Basford. The book is full of patterns of woodland scenes (who doesn't love a woodland animal), castles and just magical colouring in goodness. The whole idea of an adult colouring in initially made me laugh, but for those like me who can't do art, this is the next best alternative. Sometimes reading a book or watching TV can be boring or not distracting enough, colouring takes your mind off of everything. 

I know, it's weird. I never thought I would be colouring in past the age of 7, but here I am 10 years later, greatly enjoying it. Don't knock it until you try it. 

Comments

Popular Posts