Weight Loss
After feeling at my worst and generally dreading going out as I believed I looked horrible in anything, I finally took charge and began to eat healthier and join a gym. It's not a conventional gym full of arrogant men and girls with a full face of makeup just looking at themselves, its a gym where you are encouraged. There is also a ladies-only toning table part where you do 7 exercises on 7 different machines. Sounds like a load of crap I know, but they seriously work!
I joined in January and about 10 weeks after I have reached my first huge milestone - 1 stone! At my last weigh and measure (4 weeks ago) I had lose 8lbs and 11 inches from around my body. I still know there is a long way to go, but it is finally starting to feel like there is a difference. I still can't see much change in my body, but apparently everyone else can! Clothes are starting to become lose or fit better and I feel fitter within myself and overall just a heck of a lot happier.
My "diet" has been varied to say the least, with some days being super healthy and others (like today, where it is 11am and I have eaten a whole Easter egg) where I have slacked, but I think there needs to be a balance with dieting so much you feel sad but binging to the extent that you feel like your old self. I don't believe in any of these fad diets because they may make you lose weight quickly, put you will put it back on just as soon.
So to any of you reading this, if you are trying to lose weight, just keep to it. I have been close to giving up more times than I can remember, but my amazing friends have kept me on track and I have them to thank for a lot of this, and because they constantly ensure me that they see a change. Please don't ever starve yourself, and lose weight for yourself, not for others.
xo



Thank you for writing this post. I came across it on the #bbloggers tag and had to check it out. Well done you for reaching your first milestone! Weight loss is something I struggle with as well and have been going to the gym regularly also to try and combat that. I had the same opinion as you on gyms where people check themselves out in the mirror and stuff and coming from Essex, this is something that happens a lot.
ReplyDeleteI have started doing the group work outs and doing Zumba and water aerobics. I also play squash at the gym with my dad twice a week. I have also lost a little bit of weight. Which I am super proud of, although some of my friends couldn't care less and told me to stop talking about it when I mentioned it.
Again, thank you for writing this post. It has been really inspirational to keep on fighting and going which is something I have began to struggle with. However I can't promise that I won't be indulging in chocolate when it comes to easter sunday (I was the muppet who gave it up for Lent!)
Would love if we could follow each other. I want to keep an eye on how your getting on with your gym outings!
http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk
xxx
Thank you so much for this comment, as it has genuinely made my day! Keep going with your weight loss as you are doing so much to do it, it is so impressive :) I am following you now xxx
DeleteWell done Alice! This post is literally so inspirational to me right now! Love you chummy xxx
ReplyDeleteYou can do it, I am always going to support you :) love you too chum xxx
Delete