Alexa Chung - It

Hello blog, it's been a while and a lot has changed: the name, the layout and the content. Honestly, I just felt like I needed to start fresh with my blog and although the layout may be crappier than last time, I much prefer the name and colours. As for content, one of my New Year's resolutions this year was to read more and although I will still be posting mostly beauty, I'm going to try and post a book post here and there, more than anything to motivate myself for reading!



When Googling Alexa Chung, the first things that seem to pop up are the words 'presenter', 'model', 'fashion icon' and 'book'. I had heard about her book but was never willing to part with the money for a book that definitely had mixed reviews. But luckily, I got it for Christmas and I delved into the world of Alexa Chung immediately.

Before reading it (and even now) I was not sure of the purpose of the book, whether it was an autobiography, advice or life book but it just seems to be a bit of everything. In the book, Alexa shares snippets of her life and how they have shaped her into who she is now, which I found really interesting as she was always a bit of an odd character in my books. Her fashion tips are superb and she has become one of my new influences: she gives practical and simple ideas that I think could work on the whole female population. The photos were a little weird but somehow added to the book and when I reached the end, I actually really enjoyed it. I feel as though my views and ideas on how to do fashion and makeup have been stretched and I have found new idols to admire such as Anna Karina, who I would never have heard of otherwise.


My favourite pages
The book itself is stunning and if I were to ever release a book, I would want it to look like that. The pale pink fabric background with the handwritten name and eye all work well together to just look really beautiful.

I would recommend this to anyone who is just a little bit curious of Alexa Chung as it definitely delivers, but if you're not a fan of a book that doesn't really have a purpose: don't read it.

alice. 


Comments

  1. great post! i got this for christmas can't wait to read it! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad i just read this post as i wasn't too sure what to expect from this book!im quite interested to read about her life actually-i love biographies so shame theres not heaps about her life:)still sounds good though:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a good read, and a think it is a good balance between tips, anecdotes and just random stories! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts