MAC Omega and Brown Down | Review
Over the last few months I have increased my eye shadow collection by 100% because before blogging, I guess I was just too scared to try it. But now, like all beauty bloggers, I really want a MAC palette and slowly my collection is beginning to grow. Starting off with my Lady Grey Eyeshadow Quad (review here), I have now bought two extras: Omega and Brown Down. Omega was one I had already heard of and was highly recommended by the blogging community, but I hadn't really heard much about Brown Down. So, I gave in to the hype of Omega straight away, but also swatched some other browns and I really liked Brown Down. They are both so highly pigmented and do stay on all day without fading.
| Left: Omega, Right: Brown Down |
Brown Down is a matte medium/dark brown that I use for the corner of the eye or for contouring the eye. I think this may have been discontinued (I'm not sure) but I think it is a similar colour to Handwritten. I love how deep brown this colour is and it goes well with not only Omega but most of my MUA palette too. This is a lovely colour for people with blue eyes and/or pale skin.
| Left: Omega, Right: Brown Down |
Omega has been raved about every since I started blogging for filling in eyebrows. I however do not use it for this, as my eyebrows are pretty full already. Omega appears a lot lighter in the pan then it does when swatched, turning from a sand colour to a light brown. It is a smooth, matte texture and I think leaves a lovely finish on the eye. I apply this all over my lid and either leave it or add a darker brown to the crease.
| Left: Brown Down, Right: Omega |
I love both of these eye shadows and they have already become a regular choice for me. Also, in case you were wondering, I didn't buy a big eyeshadow palette as I knew the 13 empty spaces would annoy me, hence why I bought the 2 space one! Both of these eye shadows cost £10 for a refill and £12.50 singular and can be purchased from any MAC shop or the MAC website.
What are your favourite MAC eye shadows?
Alice x


This duo is perfect to create the base of any look! I love the fact that they are matte too. I don't own any MAC eyeshadows, but this some definitely something I'd go for if I had to choose one :)
ReplyDeleteBeauty from the Fjord xxx
I love a matte shade too and I think these were the perfect two eyeshadows to begin with :) xo
DeleteThe two colours you have here are perfect in this little home made duo!
ReplyDeleteThe fact they are matte and similar tones but different shades makes them just perfect together! Beautiful little set!
Kammi
xx
http://beautybookblog.com
Thanks :) it took me aaaaages to pick them out, but I am happy with my job! xo
Delete